Cambridge Audio Alva TTDecember 16, 2022
Cardas Clear Beyond PowerDecember 30, 2022
Belt Drive Turntable with Bluetooth® aptX HD
Just Add Vinyl
There’s nothing quite like vinyl: the tactile pleasure of removing a record from its sleeve and carefully placing it on a deck is unique. We designed the original Alva TT to honour that tradition, and Alva ST to share that pleasure with more people. With a pre-fitted cartridge – so you’ll be playing records in minutes – the belt-drive Alva ST also features switchable Hi-Res Bluetooth streaming and integrated phono stage.
King of Convenience
Alva ST is for people who want to listen to records at exceptional quality – without the need to choose or fit extra components. Alva ST keeps it simple with perfectly matched cartridge pre-installed. Alva ST connects to pretty much any audio system too, as it has a switchable integrated phono-stage. It even works wirelessly with Bluetooth speaker systems.
Built-in Bluetooth aptX HD liberates Alva from the rest of your hi-fi. With the freedom to place an Alva deck on any flat surface, your records take centre-stage. Music can be streamed to any compatible Bluetooth kit, including headphones, at up to 24bit/48kHz Hi-Res quality. Or, you can deactivate it and simply use phono cables – it’s your call.
Integrated Phono Stage
Alva ST has an integrated phono stage (phono pre-amp), derived from our award-winning Alva Duo – to reveal incredible detail from your records. It means you can connect Alva ST to any amp or compatible speaker system. You can deactivate the deck’s phono stage, too – ideal if your amp already has one or to keep upgrade options open.
MM Cartridge Pre-installed
After hours of listening, we selected an Audio Technica Moving Magnet cartridge to be ready fitted on Alva ST. With no fiddly set-up you’ll be playing records in minutes. The elliptical stylus provides a greater contact area with your records’ grooves, producing accurate tracking of information and, of course, great sounding music.
Alva ST’s platter is aluminium die-cast, finished by CNC to ensure a totally level and smooth surface. The 17mm high aluminium platter is finished with a 5mm rubber mat – a combination proven to reduce unwanted resonance.
- TYPE- Belt Drive
- TURNTABLE SPEEDS- 33.3, 45rpm
- WOW & FLUTTER <0.12%
- TURNTABLE PLATTER- Die Cast Aluminium
- PLATTER DIAMETER- 305mm
- PLATTER WEIGHT- 645.3g (930.5g inc. rubber mat)
- AUDIO OUT- RCA Phono/Line Level (Switchable)
- BLUETOOTH- SBC/aptX/aptX HD
- POWER SUPPLY- DC 12V
- POWER CONSUMPTION- 6W
- DIMENSIONS- (W X H X D) 435 x 139 x 366.7mm
- WEIGHT- 9kg
- PHONO STAGE GAIN- @1KHZ 42dB
- PHONO STAGE NOMINAL OUTPUT- 250Vrms
- PHONO STAGE INPUT NOISE- (A-WEIGHTED) 0.1u Vrms
- PHONO STAGE RIAA CURVE ACCURACY *+/- 0.3dB 30Hz-20kHz
- PHONO STAGE SIGNAL/NOISE RATIO >90dB
- PHONO STAGE THD+N 1KHZ 0.0025%
- PHONO STAGE INPUT IMPEDANCE- 47kΩ
- PHONO STAGE INPUT CAPACITANCE- 330pF
- TONEARM TYPE- Static Balanced Tonearm w/ detachable Headshell
- TONEARM EFFECTIVE LENGTH- 221.5mm
- TONEARM OVERHANG- 19mm
- TONEARM EFFECTIVE MASS- 19.6g
- TONEARM COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGE WEIGHTS- 4.5-12g
- CARTRIDGE- Moving Magnet
Clearaudio Performance DC (no tonearm)$3,590.00 – $4,990.00
Clearaudio Innovation Basic Turntable$7,199.00 – $7,499.00