Cardas 101 Speaker CableDecember 15, 2022
Cambridge Audio Alva STDecember 16, 2022
Just Add Vinyl
You’ve spent years curating the perfect record collection, searching for hidden gems in record shops and online – because you love music. Our shared love means that we didn’t stop with Alva TT. We pushed on to create Alva TT V2; with a direct drive system, bespoke MC cartridge, an all-new tone-arm, and Hi-Res Bluetooth with an integrated phono stage – both now switchable. We believe that your records deserve to sound as fantastic as they look.
King of Convenience
Alva TT V2 is for people who want to listen to records at exceptional quality – without the need to choose or fit extra components. TT V2 comes with a bespoke designed cartridge pre-installed. It connects to pretty much any audio system too, thanks to a switchable integrated phono-stage. It even works wirelessly with high quality Bluetooth speaker systems.
Built-in Bluetooth aptX HD liberates Alva from the rest of your hi-fi. With the freedom to place an Alva deck on any flat surface, your records take centre-stage. Music can be streamed to any compatible Bluetooth kit, including headphones, at up to 24bit/48kHz Hi-Res quality. Or, you can deactivate it and simply use phono cables – it’s your call.
Integrated Phono Stage
Alva TT V2 has an integrated phono stage (phono pre-amp), derived from our award-winning Alva Duo – to reveal incredible detail from your records. It means you can connect TT V2 to any amp or compatible speaker system. You can deactivate the deck’s phono stage, too – ideal if your amp already has one or to keep upgrade options open.
MC Cartridge Pre-installed
Alva TT V2’s bespoke cartridge is ready fitted – so there’s no tricky set-up, and its sound is perfectly matched to the other components in the turntable. We designed the high-output Moving Coil (MC) cartridge with an exposed cantilever. It reduces unwanted resonance and vibration, delivers high levels of gain and outstanding musical detail during playback.
Alva TT V2 has a medium-torque Direct Drive motor, like its predecessor the TT. The 8 pole, 3 phase, brushless DC motor is quartz controlled to ensure accurate turntable speed. With precision control, and silent running, Alva TT V2 achieves just 0.06% wow and flutter. This means excellent pitch stability – particularly during longer, more sustained, musical notes.
After hours of testing, our engineers selected a new high-mass, low-resonance tonearm for Alva TT V2 and Alva ST. By minimising resonant frequencies, and in combination with the cartridge, it helps retrieve the maximum detail from your records. A detachable die-cast aluminium headshell makes swapping cartridges easy – then fine-tuned with greater precision thanks to a new anti-skating dial.
- TYPE- Direct Drive
- TURNTABLE SPEEDS- 33.3, 45rpm
- WOW & FLUTTER- <0.1%
- TURNTABLE PLATTER- POM (Polyoxymethylene)
- PLATTER DIAMETER- 305mm
- PLATTER WEIGHT- 2.2kg
- AUDIO OUT -RCA Phono/Line Level (Switchable)
- BLUETOOTH -SBC/aptX/aptX HD
- POWER SUPPLY- AC 100-240V, 60/50Hz
- DIMENSIONS- (W X H X D) 435 x 139 x 368mm
- WEIGHT -10.9kg
- PHONO STAGE GAIN -@1KHZ 42dB
- PHONO STAGE NOMINAL OUTPUT -250Vrms
- PHONO STAGE INPUT NOISE- (A-WEIGHTED) 0.1u Vrms
- PHONO STAGE RIAA CURVE ACCURACY *+/- 0.3dB 30Hz-20kHz
- PHONO STAGE SIGNAL/NOISE RATIO >90dB
- PHONO STAGE THD+N 1KHZ 0.0025%
- PHONO STAGE INPUT IMPEDANCE -47kΩ
- PHONO STAGE INPUT CAPACITANCE- 330pF
- TONEARM TYPE- Static Balanced Tonearm w/ detachable Headshell
- TONEARM EFFECTIVE LENGTH- 221.5mm
- TONEARM OVERHANG- 19mm
- TONEARM EFFECTIVE MASS- 19.6g
- TONEARM COMPATIBLE CARTRIDGE WEIGHTS- 4.5-12g
- CARTRIDGE -High Output Moving Coil
- CARTRIDGE FREQUENCY RESPONSE *+/- 1dB 30Hz-20kHz
- CARTRIDGE STYLUS- Elliptical
- CARTRIDGE CANTILEVER- Aluminium
- CARTRIDGE OUTPUT LEVEL- 2mV @1kHz
- CARTRIDGE TRACKING FORCE- 2g
- CARTRIDGE RECOMMENDED LOAD- 47kΩ
- IN THE BOX- ALVA TT V2 direct drive turntable, Dust cover, Quick start guide, 2 x hinge assembly, Ortofon stylus gauge, Counterweight, Removable headshell with moving-coil cartridge, POM platter assembly, Region specific mains leads, RCA cable, Safety guide, Ground lead.