Dynavector XX2 MKII CartridgeDecember 21, 2018
Dynavector DRT XV–1s CartridgeDecember 21, 2018
A little background info…
A joint venture between Dynavector Japan and Dynavector New Zealand, in the language of the New Zealand Maori people, Te Kaitora means “The Discoverer.” Listening to this cartridge has caused us many sleepless nights, as we discover our record collections anew. The Te Kaitora Rua uncovers tremendous amounts of detail other cartridges simply cannot. Fast, open, and honest with a silky smooth top end, the Te Kaitora Rua possesses the perfect combination of detail and musicality. A slightly heavier than average cartridge at 8.8Gms, the Te Kaitora Rua is a medium compliance cartridge with a fairly low output of 0.25mV. This makes the Te Kaitora Ruacompatible with the vast majority of good tonearms and turntables, but its low output will require a high-quality MC phono preamp capable of 60+ dB of gain.
Principle Improvements for the Te Kaitora Rua
- The wire for the coil has been changed to the PCOCC copper wire from the silver wire. It sounds much smoother and has a much better musical performance.
- A titanium headpiece for maximum rigidity along with a miniature stainless steel bolt coupling the front and rear yokes to the magnetic circuit assembly.
- A 6mm long boron cantilever with the Pathfinder (PF) line contact stylus as used with both Dynavector XV-1s and XX-2.
The ingenious square shaped armature and matching square shaped aperture in the front yoke providing much-improved linearity in the magnetic flux distribution.
- Stylus: Line contact PF
- Output: 0.25mV ( at 1KHz, 5cm/sec)
- Frequency response: 20-50,000Hz 20-20,000Hz ± 1dB
- Channel balance: 1dB ( at 1KHz)
- Tracking force: 1.8 – 2.2 grams
- Channel separation: 30dB ( at 1KHz)
- Impedance: R=4 ohms, L=10 microH
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Cantilever: 0.3mm diameter solid boron
- Coils: Copper wire
- Head Frame: Titanium
- Weight: 8.8 grams
- Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with flux damper and softened magnetism