Harbeth P3ESR XDMarch 15, 2020
Harbeth Monitor 40.3 XDMarch 15, 2020
This model is the latest and greatest iteration
of the legendary Harbeth HL-Monitor Mk1 from 1977 that launched the Harbeth company. In continuous production through several design generations since its inception, now featuring Harbeth’s RADIAL2 driver and a radically new approach to the crossover. The HL5plus gets the very best from the Harbeth-made 200mm RADIAL2 bass/mid driver in a cabinet is skillfully designed according to the pioneering research undertaken by the BBC. The system sound is large, powerful and transparent with an astonishing freshness. No wonder the SHL5 family is such a worldwide legend. The Super Tweeter extends the system response to the upper edge of the audio band and beyond. Harbeth’s Super HL5plus loudspeaker produces a huge soundstage of width, depth and weight for a total immersion in the musical performance. This model also features; the latest WBT-nextgen binding posts, a new-look super-tweeter with protection bar and Harbeth branded British-made audio grade poly capacitors. In addition to this, the SHL5plus XD model also includes custom bi-wire links; custom Harbeth internal cables.
- System: 3-way vented: 200mm Harbeth RADIAL2™ bass/mid; 25mm ferro-cooled dome tweeter, 20mm dome Super Tweeter.
- Frequency response: 40Hz – 20kHz ±3dB free-space, grille on, smooth off-axis response.
- Nominal impedance: 6 ohms – easy to drive. Sensitivity: 86dB/1W/1m.
- Suggested power: Works with a wide choice of amplifiers, ideally from 25W/channel. Power handling: 150W programme.
- Connector: Four WBT-Nextgen Binding posts (bi-wireable). Dimensions (H x W x D): 635 x 322 x 300mm (+12mm for grille and binding posts).
- Optimum position: Overall performance optimised for use away from walls. Stands: Optimally to bring ears level with tweeters: typically 16-20 inches. (Tweeter: 475mm up from cabinet base).
- Weight: 15.8kg each, without packing. Packing: Single speaker per protective carton.
- Finish: Cherry, Rosewood, Walnut.