Modwright KWA 150 Signature Edition amplifierJune 20, 2020
Modwright PH-150 phono stageJune 20, 2020
Modwright KWH 225i Hybrid intergrated amplifier
Some background info:
The KWH 225i represents the culmination of years of SS and tube preamp and amplifier design. Our preferred approach has always been that of a hybrid system. The KWI 200 SS integrated amp was a big success for us, offering excellent performance and integration. The KWH 225i takes things to the next level. We combined the solid state output stage of our Reference KWA 150SE amp with the controls and integration of the KWI 200 and a tube preamp stage. We then increased the power to 225W. The result is the KWH 225i. We think you’ll like it!
NEW REVIEW FROM CHRISTIAN GRIEGO AT SOTA TURNTABLES!!!
Change of the Gaurd with ModWright Integrated KWH225i
- (3) pairs RCA inputs.
- (1) pair XLR inputs.
- (1) pair RCA Home Theater Bypass or Preamp Input.
- (1) pair RCA Preamp-ouputs.
- (2) Pairs 5-way binding posts.
- Front panel controls: Input select, power, volume and HTBP.
- Remote Control: Volume, Mute, Input, Power, Display dim/off.
- Class A/B Operation. First 25W in Class A.
- Zero Global Negative Feedback.
- Optional: MM/MC Phono with one pair RCA inputs.
- (2) 6922 driver tubes (6dj8, ECC88, 7308 acceptable substitutes).
- Dimensions: 17“W x 17“D x 6.5“H
- Product Weight: 64 lbs / Shipped Weight: 70 lbs
- POWER RATINGS
225W at 8 ohms at .04% THD.
400W at 8 ohms at .04% THD
- Gain: 30dB.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-100Khz (+/-0dB).
- Input Impedance: 20K.
- Input Sensitivity: 2V rms.
- Max input level: 6 Vrms (18V pk-pk).
- OPTIONAL SS PHONO STAGE
- User Installable.
- (1) set RCA inputs.
- Phono Gain: 50dB.
- MM & High Output MC.
- Loading: 50-100-500-1K-47K-100pf.