Modwright LS100 preamplifierJune 20, 2020
Modwright KWA 150 Signature Edition amplifierJune 20, 2020
Modwright LS300 preamplifier
Class A Dual Mono Pre-Amplifier
The LS 300 represents a new Reference Standard for ModWright in a fully balanced, dual mono, two box, tube preamp
design. We have been doing more work with fully balanced designs, using the 6dj8/6922/7308 family of tubes and
Lundahl transformers. The LS300 is the culmination of this work and we are pleased to announce its availability for
Fall 2018. The LS 300 is designed to complement our Reference KWA 150SE amplifier as well as our Ambrose A30
tube mono blocks. The circuitry is elegant and pure, providing the least coloration of the music possible, allowing the
music to flow through. Like all MWI products, it is Proudly Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.
- Two sets of fully balanced XLR inputs.
- Three sets of single ended RCA inputs.
- One of the three sets of RCA inputs also serves as Home Theater Bypass.
- Two sets of fully balanced main outs.
- Two sets of single ended main outs.
- Front panel controls: Input select, power, mute, Home Theater Bypass (HT/BP) and Phase.
- Remote control functions include: Volume, mute, power and phase.
- Tube Complement: (2)6dj8 (6922/7308) drivers and (2) 5R4GY (may use 5AR4/GZ34/5U4GB/5V4GB/274B and
- equivalent) rectifiers.
- Pure Class A, fully balanced in to out, zero negative feedback.
- Input Impedance: 20K
- Output Impedance: 100 ohm
- Gain: 11dB
- Noise: -115dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 100Khz (-1dB at 100Khz).
- Distortion: < .03% THD @ 1Khz.
- Dimensions: Preamp = 17″W x 8″H x 12.5″D (Height depends on rectifier tube)
- Dimensions: External Supply = 8″W x 4.5″H x 10″D.
- Weight: Preamp = 30 lbs. External Supply = 17 lbs.