Modwright PH-150 Phono StageJune 20, 2020
Modwright KWA 100 SE AmplifierJune 20, 2020
Some background info:
We are excited to present the new PH 9.0 Tube Phono stage with on-the-fly loading and attenuation controls. Following in the footsteps and true Design DNA of the Reference PH 150, the PH 9.0 offers most of the same performance and flexibility of the PH 150 at a much lower price and smaller form factor.
The rise of interest in vinyl has led to demand for flexible, high performance phono stages to make the most of ALL of our vinyl. The PH 9.0 is quiet, musical, physically compact and flexible enough to suit the simplest to the most complex analog rigs!
We chose Lundahl MC step-up transformers, separate MM and MC inputs, compact external power supply on a long umbilical and vacuum tube design to maximize flexibility. The use of external supply, careful grounding, layout and solid engineering result in an extremely quiet tube phono stage!
The power supply is small and has no controls and may be tucked out of the way anywhere. The phono stage itself is 10“Wx10“Wx4“H. Its compact form factor allows flexible placement.
Like the PH 150, front panel controls for MM, Mute, MC input select, On-The-Fly MC loading and gain adjustment for MM and MC carts allows for easy adjustment to suit different cartridges and systems. Mono/Stereo toggles is locate on the rear panel.
Fully balanced, transformer coupled XLR outputs are available as an add cost option, Plus pair of Lundahl gapped output transformers also available.
- MC Gain: 64dB (58dB, 52dB)
- MM Gain: 52dB (46dB, 40dB)
- Gain Adjust: 0, -6dB, -12dB
- Inputs: MM & MC
- MC Loading: 10-20-50-100-250-470
- MM Loading: 47K fixed.
- Stereo/Mono: Rear Toggle.
- Frequency: 20Hz – 50Khz (+/-.2dB)
- Tubes: (2)6C45, (2)6922/6dj8/7308
- Power Supply: External, solid state
- Phono Dim = 10“Wx10“Dx4“H
- Power Supply Dim = 7“Wx9“Dx3“H
- Power Umbilical: 4-pin XLR, 6 ft
- Balanced Outs: Transformer Coupled (add cost option)