Musical Fidelity M3SI Integrated AmplifierJanuary 10, 2019
Musical Fidelity M5SI Integrated AmplifierJanuary 10, 2019
A little background info…
The incredible studio reference MX HPA fully balanced headphone amp has been a labour of love for everybody at Musical Fidelity. As some of you may have noticed we have been making headphones for some time and have always been great headphone fans. Although the M1 HPA is very good we wanted to make something which was incredible.
The MX HPA fully balanced headphone amp is the result of decades of experience of making high quality headphone amplifiers. Relatively, the MX HPA has about the same performance into headphones as the incredible Titan has into loudspeakers. That is; awe inspiring, incredible, limitless and any other hyperbole you can imagine. It is really incredible.
The MX HPA’s technical performance is stunning. Typically distortion from 20 Hz to 40 kHz is less than 0.005%. This is serious stuff. Signal noise ratio is better than 120dB (‘A’ weighted). Needless to say frequency response is ruler flat from 10 Hz to 20 kHz (-0.1dB).
It is capable of a short term peak of 10 watts (for one cycle). It has 2 gain positions; 18dB (8X) and 24dB (15X). Inputs are either balanced or single ended. It will automatically convert single ended inputs to balanced. The MX HPA is genuinely fully balanced from beginning to end.
- Power 1.8 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (27dBW)
- Maximum output voltage 19 Volts RMS, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Onset of clipping (54 Volts peak-to-peak) balanced
- THD+N >0.005% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Signal / noise ratio >120dB ‘A’-weighted
- Input impedance 50k Ohms
- Frequency response +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- Gain, LO position (volume max) 18db (8x)
- Gain, HI position (volume max) 24dB (15x)
Line level inputs
- 1 pair line level XLR (balanced) connectors
- 1 pairs line level RCA connectors
- 1 pair 3-pin XLR/¼” stereo Jack combined sockets
- Mains voltages 90-250VAC 50-60Hz universal worldwide supply
- Consumption >0.25 Watts standby (Orange LED lit)
- 15 Watts maximum (Blue LED lit, full power output)
- Unit only, unboxed 2.2 kg (5 lbs) In shipping carton 3.7 kg (8¼ lbs)
- Width 220 mm (8⅔”)
- Height (including feet) 53 mm (2”)
- Depth (front to back) inc. terminals 240 mm (9½”)