Dynavector 10X5 MKII CartridgeDecember 21, 2018
Dynavector KARAT 17DX CartridgeDecember 21, 2018
A little background info…
For more than 35 years Dynavector has established an enviable reputation for producing affordable high quality moving coil cartridges. Notably high output models that are designed to work with MM inputs negating the necessity for equipment change or the use of setup devices required for low output cartridges. The outstanding performance of the Dynavector high output moving coil cartridges can be attributed to the exclusively Dynavector designed coil winding machine capable of utilizing extremely fine coil wire providing a high output to mass ratio.
Principle Improvements for the DV20X2
DV-20X has a solid aluminum alloy body and a rigid magnet construction similar to XX-2MKII. The cantilever is a 6mm length of hard aluminum pipe with a Micro-Ridge stylus. The magnetic flux damping and softened magnetism along with powerful neodymium magnets give the 20X2H a healthy 2.8 mV output – suitable for most MM inputs. The 20X2L has an output of 0.3 mV ideal for most MC phono stages.
Both high and low versions of their 20X2 are available to ensure for the optimum end result. The high output model is well suited to valve preamplifiers or electronics that only offer MM inputs whilst the low output version offers superb performance when combined with dedicated moving coil inputs.
- Stylus: Micro Ridge Nude diamond
- Cantilever: 6mm length hard aluminum pipe
- Output voltage: 2.8mV / 0.3mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
- Frequency response: 20 – 20,000Hz (±2dB)
- Channel Separation: 25 dB (at 1KHz)
- Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Impedance: R=150 ohms / 5 ohms
- Tracking force: 1.8 – 2.2 grams
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms / >30 ohms
- Weight: 9.2grams
- Type: High/Low output MC cartridge with Flux damper and Softened magnetism